Types of Treatment
Chronic Neurological Conditions Treatments Fort Collins, Windsor & Surrounding Cities
At Colorado in Motion, our team treats a wide range of chronic neurological conditions, including Parkinson’s disease. You benefit from one-on-one, individualized care that’s designed to maximize your movement and function when dealing with neurological and musculoskeletal impairments.
Our neurological physical therapy program includes:
- Evidence-Based outcome tools to track and monitor changes for stage-specific goals
- PWR!Moves from a PWR!Therapist
- LSVT BIG – Individualized intensive, whole-body, amplitude-based training
- Body-weight support treadmill training
- Fall prevention and balance training
- High-Intensity therapeutic exercise that includes strengthening, flexibility, and aerobic conditioning
- Coordination, agility, and power training
- Functional video motion analysis
- Sensorimotor integration and postural awareness
- Dual tasking and cued strategy training
- Manual therapy to joints and muscles for neuromuscular retraining
- Trigger Point Dry Needling
- Instrumented soft-tissue mobilization
- Community collaboration and exercise groups, including Tai Chi & Qi Gong classes
What is Body Weight Supported Treadmill Training (BWSTT)?
- BWSTT uses a harness system to support a percentage of the patient’s body weight while ambulating on the treadmill or over the ground.
- The harness system controls the amount of weight-bearing, provides proper posture, and eliminates concerns with balance during high-intensity exercise training.
- The physical therapist facilitates the training of coordinated lower extremity movement, as well as proper trunk/pelvic position.
- Optimal environment for learning and/or refining the ambulation skills of patients with a wide range of impairments and functional abilities while performing high-intensity exercise training.
Is physical therapy right for you?
People diagnosed with neurological conditions who are in any stage of the disease can benefit from a specialized physical therapy program to maximize their quality of life and minimize their risk for falls. An individualized treatment plan that utilizes evidence-based measurement tools to track changes is essential to moving towards maximum function – so you can get back to living the life you love with confidence.
Want to learn more about Pediatric Physical Therapy?
Our resource library contains a wealth of information for anyone interested in learning more!
Here’s what some of our patients had to say
I am 100% cured. No more numbness in my fingers. I don’t even need to wear my brace at night anymore. Your recommended equipment and posture changes did the trick. Thanks so much!
Our son was 9+ weeks premature and required physical therapy to help with his gross motor skills. Jessica Albers was our therapist and she was wonderful. She gave us the tools to help our son develop and he is now a very active little two year old. We would recommend Jessica to any parents with…
I was referred to CIM for some calf and Achilles issues a few months after a bad strain. I had the pleasure of working with Derek Haverley to resolve it. Derek took time explaining to me how dry needling could help the situation, the results were amazing. It took about 4-5 sessions of dry needling…
From the very first treatment with Tim I knew I was on the road to recovery. A combination of dry needling, manipulation, home exercises relieved my chronic leg pain caused by a herniated disk. I was in severe pain and limited mobility for more than 3 years. I’ve had 4 treatments and I’m back on…
Tim has been helping me deal with various running and cycling injuries for a couple of years. They have included hip, back, calf, and knee issues. The at-home exercises he recommended helped so much, and I am now running and cycling pain free. He also recommended a specific strength training program. I am so grateful…
I was in a horrible car accident and had tried many specialized treatments for pain and pain management for more than a year before it was suggested (by a foot doctor) to have Physical Therapy at CIM. Three months ago I started working with David at the College/Harmony facility. What a difference he has made…
Through a combination of dry needling and exercises, Terry had my lower back pain gone within a few weeks. His approach to care is great — educate the patient, give ’em the necessary tools, and the healing happens.
Terry is phenomenal. I’m a runner that has been working on a variety of issues for quite a while and I very recently saw Terry. I’ve had chronic Plantar Fasciitis and Terry has gotten it taken care of. His use of ASTYM has been great and my return to running has been much faster than…
I worked with John Zapanta this fall for joint pain and had terrific results. I was often amazed with the progress made. John’s personality, talent and enthusiasm regarding my recovery made the process more enjoyable than I would have thought possible. I was impressed that he often would follow up with an e-mail with photos…
I was referred to Colorado Physical Therapy Specialists and saw John. He was very helpful in easing the pain in my shoulder and gave me exercises to do at home in short increments of time that would fit into my schedule, but would still accomplish the goal. He will listen to any concerns, is very…