Types of Treatment
Workplace Services & Industrial Health Fort Collins, Windsor & Surrounding Cities
Colorado In Motion’s Workplace Services and Industrial Health program applies the fundamentals of occupational health, safety training, and injury prevention education. Offering on-site occupational health services, including ergonomic assessment, injury prevention education, and seminars, we work to improve employee health and productivity.
Join us at Colorado in Motion for industrial health services in Colorado’s Front Range. Our team is here to serve you in four locations with the following services:
- Pre-Employment Testing - Pre-employment testing provides validated, job-specific testing to ensure new employees are physically able to perform the critical functions of their jobs. An essential component of any company’s workplace injury prevention strategy, it’s customized to your workplace’s physical demands. Because the majority of workplace injuries occur within the first year of employment, occupational health services help to reduce workers’ compensation costs.
- First Aid for Non-Recordable Musculoskeletal Symptoms - Address employee health concerns and minor injuries before they progress enough in severity to require long-term treatment and time off. We offer a cost-effective treatment that assists in determining the need for First Aid care, weighing the need to escalate care for more advanced medical evaluation and treatment, and it’s available at all four Colorado In Motion locations. Our treatment meets all OSHA guidelines for First Aid.
- ADA Job Description Development - Ensure you comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act with specialized job descriptions that meet ADA guidelines for each position’s essential functions. With assessments of physical needs, including measuring forces necessary to perform functions, Colorado In Motion writes job descriptions that meet ADA format requirements and protect against liabilities.
- Job Safety Educational Services - Education is a critical component of a safe work environment! We design our safety seminars to specifically address the demands of your workplace. Observing typical duties, we develop an exercise or education program built around keeping your employees healthy in a real-world work environment. Completely customizable to your company’s needs, choose the length and schedule that suits your staffing needs, and rely on Colorado In Motion to produce custom, written, or audiovisual injury prevention materials for your workplace.
- Job Analysis and Ergonomic Assessments - Our ergonomic experts visit your worksite and assess the kinesthetic and ergonomic demands of your team. From ergonomic recommendations for office workers to manufacturing, construction, or any other setting, we educate workers to best position themselves and most effectively meet the demands of their job duties to “fit” their physical needs. A vital strategy to reduce repetitive strain injuries or musculoskeletal injuries, ergonomic assessments also improve overall productivity.
- Fit-For-Duty Testing - Ensure ongoing employee health with Fit-for-Duty testing. Evaluate workers who return to work after an injury and other medical leave with a physical ability test, which protects them against over-extending their abilities or returning to work before they’re fully recovered.
- Functional Capacity Evaluations - We assess injured workers’ lifting, pushing, pulling, positional tolerance, endurance, balance, and job-specific additional tasks to determine their readiness to return to work or create limits to duty. Using essential functions from a job description, we craft tests that address each worker’s specific responsibilities and individual injuries. Applying appropriate Department of Labor criteria, we identify the appropriate physical demand work category for injured workers. We use the WorkSTEPS® licensed program for our functional capacity evaluation format, and we perform the evaluations at the south Fort Collins clinic.
- WorkSTEPS® Provider - WorkSTEPS® is the leading provider of functional employment testing in the nation. It was founded to meet a critical employer need — to create a medically safe, legally compliant, scientific, and objective means of matching a worker’s functional capabilities with the essential functions of the job. Colorado In Motion utilizes the WorkSTEPS® program for post-offer, pre-employment testing, as well as post-employment testing, which includes fit-for-duty testing, functional capacity evaluations, and sincerity-of-effort testing. The large WorkSTEPS® network allows your company to access testing sites throughout the United States and Canada. Pre-employment testing can be incredibly helpful in the sense that it can identify applicants who will be likely to perform well in their jobs. This testing allows employers to save time and decrease turnover rates, as well as to improve overall safety and morale. Pre-employment testing has demonstrated consistent results and a positive return on investment for companies in a large variety of industries. For more information about WorkSTEPS® testing and the nation-wide network, go to www.WorkSTEPS.com.
- Modified Duty Development - When employees are injured, they are frequently released from the physician to resume work on “modified duty.” Many employers don’t have return-to-work plans that meet rehabilitative demands, which limits workers’ reintroduction to the workplace. Our occupational therapists develop safe, modified-duty options and job descriptions based on common, weight-handling restrictions that meet Americans with Disabilities Act standardization.
Could your company benefit from Workplace Services?
Research shows that employees who return to work as quickly as possible incur significantly fewer total injury costs for employers, even when it’s only on modified duty development. Save overall costs and rehabilitate workers more effectively with CIM’s modified duty development. Contact us today at [email protected].
Want to learn more about Pediatric Physical Therapy?
Our resource library contains a wealth of information for anyone interested in learning more!
Here’s what some of our patients had to say
I am 100% cured. No more numbness in my fingers. I don’t even need to wear my brace at night anymore. Your recommended equipment and posture changes did the trick. Thanks so much!
Our son was 9+ weeks premature and required physical therapy to help with his gross motor skills. Jessica Albers was our therapist and she was wonderful. She gave us the tools to help our son develop and he is now a very active little two year old. We would recommend Jessica to any parents with…
I was referred to CIM for some calf and Achilles issues a few months after a bad strain. I had the pleasure of working with Derek Haverley to resolve it. Derek took time explaining to me how dry needling could help the situation, the results were amazing. It took about 4-5 sessions of dry needling…
From the very first treatment with Tim I knew I was on the road to recovery. A combination of dry needling, manipulation, home exercises relieved my chronic leg pain caused by a herniated disk. I was in severe pain and limited mobility for more than 3 years. I’ve had 4 treatments and I’m back on…
Tim has been helping me deal with various running and cycling injuries for a couple of years. They have included hip, back, calf, and knee issues. The at-home exercises he recommended helped so much, and I am now running and cycling pain free. He also recommended a specific strength training program. I am so grateful…
I was in a horrible car accident and had tried many specialized treatments for pain and pain management for more than a year before it was suggested (by a foot doctor) to have Physical Therapy at CIM. Three months ago I started working with David at the College/Harmony facility. What a difference he has made…
Through a combination of dry needling and exercises, Terry had my lower back pain gone within a few weeks. His approach to care is great — educate the patient, give ’em the necessary tools, and the healing happens.
Terry is phenomenal. I’m a runner that has been working on a variety of issues for quite a while and I very recently saw Terry. I’ve had chronic Plantar Fasciitis and Terry has gotten it taken care of. His use of ASTYM has been great and my return to running has been much faster than…
I worked with John Zapanta this fall for joint pain and had terrific results. I was often amazed with the progress made. John’s personality, talent and enthusiasm regarding my recovery made the process more enjoyable than I would have thought possible. I was impressed that he often would follow up with an e-mail with photos…
I was referred to Colorado Physical Therapy Specialists and saw John. He was very helpful in easing the pain in my shoulder and gave me exercises to do at home in short increments of time that would fit into my schedule, but would still accomplish the goal. He will listen to any concerns, is very…